CSCLeaders is a global leadership programme for 100 exceptional senior leaders selected each year from government, business and NGOs across the 53 countries of the Commonwealth.
Leaders benefit from:
- broader horizons
- Cultural Intelligence: a greater ability to cross divides
and thrive in multiple cultures
- long-lasting relationships across the globe
- a stronger impact beyond their circle of authority.
What to expect
- Experiential learning; participants explore a real-life complex
- High level briefings visionary speakers and thinkers
who have a stake in the challenge
- Small group study tours to investigate, question,
research and develop ideas
- A global peer group; participants come from a diverse range of
disciplines and backgrounds across the Commonwealth.
What sets CSCLeaders
- CSCLeaders is engaging, not passive. It
creates an environment where decision-makers and strategic thinkers
from across the Commonwealth work collaboratively; they share their
experiences and, through discussion, debate, visits and small group
sessions, take an international, multi-cultural approach to
addressing a global challenge
- CSCLeaders Alumni will continue to connect
with an expanding network of global leaders from diverse sectors,
cultures and countries which will create a rich environment for the
exchange of ideas long after CSCLeaders has
What is Cultural intelligence?
Cultural Intelligence is the ability to cross divides and thrive
in multiple cultures.
Organisations often appoint leaders for their IQ. Then, years
later, sack them for their lack of EQ (Emotional Intelligence).
Common Purpose argues that in the future they will promote for CQ -
Cultural Intelligence. Participants on Common Purpose programmes,
as they learn to lead beyond their authority, need to be able to
cross boundaries: between east and west, and north and south;
between faiths and beliefs; between public, private and voluntary
sectors; and between generations.
Learn more about Cultural intelligence on
the Common Purpose global website.
Global Leaders Report - An insight into
the leadership learning from Part One of
CSCLeaders 2014, based on interviews with
from previous years
Read more about Common Purpose's unique approach to leadership development